Around a week ago, a new trailer for the uppcoming Batman V Superman Dawn of Justice released together with Jimmey Kimmel (seriously what is it with him and getting every big trailer?… anyway).. The reactions of it, is split to say the least. Some loved it, others says it ruined the whole movie.
The trailer is just basically the synopsis in action. How people that follow this movie says that they spoil everything in the movie (which it clearly does not) when they have read the synopsis is a headscratcher! The only thing that the trailer spoiled is Doomsday. And is that really something to be spoiled at the moment, with all the reports that has been done for months?
There is still tons of question that hasn’t been answered.
1. Where is Aquaman? (Which is confirmed to have a cameo with Jason Momoa playing him)
2. Who is Jena Malone playing (is she even in this movie)?
3. Who is Scoot McNairy playing?
4. Why is Wonder Woman there (she is in the party for instance that is shown in the start of the trailer, she isn’t just magically appearing at the fight)
5. Where is Vic Stone? Will he become Cyborg in this?
6. What about the bandage on Lex hand?
7. When and how will he become bald?
8. Will we see the mechsuit for instance?
9. Why the *beep* is Superman behind him when he says “The Devil will do it”?
10. How will they fight Doomsday?
11. Will Doomsday kill Superman in this? And if so, will Superman come back in the same movie?
12. Is Flash going to have a cameo, and if so where is he?
13. WTF happend to Wayne Manner?
14. Is Aquaman causing the flood?
I could go on.
Avengers Trailer 2, Avengers Age of Ultron trailer 2 (and 3) and Winter Soldier trailer 2 spoiled a ton of stuff as well. You see several big moneyshots in the Avenger trailer 2. You see the end fight in Avegers Age of Ultron trailer (as well as the big fight between hulk and iron man which is the best part of the movie), you see every big action scene AND Winter soldiers face in the Winter Solider trailer 2. And no one seems to complain about that… Not to mention the Star wars the force awakens poster which spoiled a certain famous plot device that every Star Wars fans is familiar with.
But then again, fans no matter what fan-base seems to have selective memory and only remember what they want to remember.
If you don’t believe me, check the links below
|I just like the line that’s all.
If there is something i agree on however, then it is the fact that it is a bit clunky edited in the end (it could just have ended with the roar our the bodyshot of Doomsday and it would been perfectly fine), if you really think about this trailer was for the casuals. The housewife’s, the grandparents. Everyone that is not in to comicbooks like we sweaty nerds are. The one’s that is the majority of moviegoers and has questioned why are they fighting because they are both meant to be good guys and haven’t want to see this because of that sheer fact. The classic “Superman could just kill him in one sec so what’s the point” argument.
I think Armin from Comicbookcast on Youtube said it the best. In a way, DC was the one that needed to show the cards so to say, because unlike the Captain America Civil War trailer (that obviously had a ton of moneyshots as well) this trailer is the one that will be analyzed to pieces.
|In cause you’re a one that shouting
“Batman never uses a gun”
It was basically… If you give us you’re money you will get this and this and this… And if they had shown to little, the same people had said… They are not showing enough… they are scared about the movie like Fox was with fantastic four (which basically had the same trailers all over all the time with some of the footage not even in the movie) It was a dammed if you do dammed if you don’t. And if they hadn’t shown Lex and Doomsday, they would also been accused for false marketing by the same fans that claims that they show to much.